Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Have Poop

You SO don't want to be a mom of three kids four and under! I have one baby screaming from the high chair because I had to quit feeding him his rice-cereal mid-bite to rescue my other two daughters from floods of water. They tipped over my vase of Mother's Day tulips, which are now swimming on the hardwood floors. I didn't even know the vase could hold so much water, but I just kept hearing it drip and splash and drip and splash and with each drip I scurried faster and faster to try and find a towel...somewhere, anywhere....a towel, any towel.
So now, the wet is dried up and kids need to be changed because their pants (that they were ready to walk out the door in) are now ready for nothing.

I take a deep breath and calmly sit down to resume feeding the baby and I notice Kaija is missing. "Kaija!" I yell, "Come down and finish breakfast." Just then a completely naked Kaija peers around the corner, "My have poop" she says. "Where????" I say..."All over" she says.... Oh, and she meant it!

Freeze! Hands up! Don't move! I'm sure it sounded like I was about to arrest her, but I just needed to stop the mess while I ran for the wipes. With wipes in hand, I say lean over and spread em'! After she was cleaned up (the the droplets on the floor). Armed with wipes and a plastic bag, ready to face anything at this point I say, "Show mama where the poop is"... "Ok mama, come on!" At the bottom for the stairs I step over the diaper that was shed. Thisi s going to get worse before it gets better I say to myself. Seraya says I wanna see too! And I say, "I'll tell you ALL about it, you stay there and finish breakfast."

Kaija takes me up the stairs, my eyes are peeled looking for any clue as to where the mess may linger. Then she points into her room and there, I see the two logs I've been searching for. Oh my gosh, everyone stand back, "Seraya (who had followed us up the stairs so as to not miss it) get me more wipes, quick!" As I'm reaching with wipes to pick up the mess, Kaija says, "Mama, you still love me?" and with smile on face and poop in hand I say, "Yes Kaija, Mama loves you!" "Kank you, Mama", Kaija says with a smile melting my heart! And off they go like a couple of kids to play as I deal with the sanitizing and anti-bacterializing, un-fun stuff!

Meanwhile, Liam is still howling from his high chair, wondering why all of a sudden, mid morsel, his stream of food ceased and all his family has deserted!

Ha! If you like the sounds of my life, maybe you so DO want to be the mom of three kids four and under.

Time 8:38am, are we ready for bed yet? No, it's time to go to work!



0 comments: