
Words from the song Seraya has been practicing to sing at Graduation to the tune of “Dina won’t you blow, Dina won't you blow, Diana won't you blow your Ho-r-n!"
My Seraya is an official preschool graduate! See, she has a graduation cap and diploma to prove it!
For the special occasion I thought it would be fun for her to pick out a new dress so I took her to the store and she got to pick out whatever dress she wanted. This is a special treat from the usual mom buys her something on sale and she better like it scenario. She said, “Mama, I’m going to pick the most beautifulest dress ever.”
All I can say is that girl knows what she likes. I must have shown her at least 30 dresses, how about this one, or this one…..no, no, no. She found a white and purple dress and her face lit up, “Oh, mama…I love this dress!” We narrowed it down to five dresses to try on and each one was a nope until she put this same purple one on and then it was “Oh, mama, I love the sleeves”, she twirled around the it was sold! On the way back out to the car she said, “Mom, I can’t believe I found my best dress ever!”
I’m glad she felt really special going to her graduation. She sat up front with her teacher and special friends, some of who she has been in school with for 2 years. They sang their “Graduation Day” song and then Seraya’s class sang “I’m Gonna Praise Him”. They did a fabulous job. We are so proud of Seraya! She has grown and has learned so much over the past two years of preschool.
Afterward, we gave Seraya some beautiful hot pink baby roses (her favorite color) that her daddy picked out for her. She took a picture with Ms.Corinne and got her Diploma and a gift of a Children’s Bible. Kaija was waiting so patiently hoping that she would get one too, and she was so sad to find out that only Seraya was graduating., afterall she has gone to preschool almost every day this year to drop Seraya off and pick her up and that should count for something!
We all went out to dinner afterwards and happened to meet one of Seraya’s classmates, Bryan, and his family there. We all ate together and celebrated the accomplishments of out little ones. They SO enjoyed being the center of attention… "Drink it all in, Seraya”, I said, and she giggled.
Merry Christmas!!
-
While Kailey was home for Thanksgiving, we figured we better get a family
picture done for our Christmas cards! We went with the BYU-I theme, since
she b...
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment